This creamy concoction of vegetables is a great winter warmer. It is really easy, once all the vegetables are in the pot you can leave it simmering away. You can serve it as a side dish with another curry or have it with rice or naan bread. Thanks to my friend Em for this yummy recipe.
• 1 onion
• 3 cloves garlic
• 1 teaspoon ginger
• 1 teaspoon turmeric
• 2 teaspoons curry powder
• 1 cup red lentils
• 3 cups water
• 400ml coconut milk
• 2-3 cups of chopped vegetables (capsicum, spinach, zucchini, pumpkin…)
- In a wok or large saucepan fry the onion and garlic in a little water or olive oil until softened.
- Add the ginger, turmeric and curry powder and stir well for 1 minute.
- Add the lentils and stir thoroughly to coat them in the spices.
- Add the water, coconut milk and vegetables. Stir well and simmer for 20-30 minutes or until the vegetables are tender.
- Serve with brown rice, poppadoms or naan bread.